Saturday, 22 March 2014

Homework Excuses: Part One

Note to Reader:  These excuses may be used in school....for a small fee: no names, please!


HOMEWORK SOUP

I didn’t have anything to do this evening,
Besides my homework vile.
So I rounded up all my books and
Made them stand in single file.

I made them march past the pen stand blue
And dip themselves in ink.
Then I poured them into a cauldron
And stirred till their pages were pink.

I heated them up until they were burnt brown,
Then I dried them in the sun.
So the next time my teacher asks for them,
I’ll say, “Oh, my homework’s well done.”

- Vruta Gupte.


(No books were harmed during the production and imagination of this poem.  Thank you.)






P.S. I've added Disqus comments on here.  Please click on the time-stamp near the end of the post to comment.  (If you don't have a Disqus account, you can still comment as a guest with a custom name.) Thank you!







Inspiration.

Days pass by My pen has dried up My papers are crumpled My mind is caged Words no longer flow freely My thoughts battle with themselves...